A Celebration of Wildflowers & Art
Saturday, May 6 • Noon–4:00 p.m.
Coral Woods, Marengo
Join us for an afternoon of outdoor exploration and artistic activities centered around the spring wildflowers of Coral Woods. Hike the woodland and witness local plein air artists (a French expression referring to painting “in the open air”) along the trails capturing the fleeting beauty of the native spring wildflowers. Previously completed artwork will be for sale throughout the day. Works completed that day will be for sale from 3–4 p.m.
Children’s Activities include: A“Woodland Art Studio” • Dissect-a-Flower Science Station • plus more…
Ongoing Activities: Guided Wildflower Hikes (over uneven, hilly terrain) 12:30p.m. 1.5-mile hike. | 2:00p.m. .5-mile hike. • Landscaping with Native Plants • Food, Live Music, and More!
Paddle in the Park
Saturday, May 13 • 10 a.m.–4 p.m.
Lake Atwood Shelter – The Hollows, Cary
One time $5.00 per person fee for all instructional clinics and/or to test water crafts. General entry is free. Registration is not required for this special event.
• Take a canoe, kayak or stand up paddle board paddling clinic.
• Test-paddle canoes, kayaks or SUP’s from local retailers to find the one that is right for you.
• See demonstrations of paddling and rescue techniques.
• NEW THIS YEAR!! See a Dragon Boat demonstration and help paddle one.
• Paddle a voyageur canoe.
• Learn about local canoe and kayak clubs, paddling opportunities, outfitters, and adventures available right here in the Midwest.
• Live music by canoe enthusiast and award winning musician Jerry Vandiver.