The FOX (Families Outside Exploring) Club encourages families to get out and investigate our natural world found within McHenry County Conservation District sites. Families spend time participating in freestyle nature explorations and learning about the county’s natural history while enjoying time together, fresh air, and exercise in the out-of-doors.
The benefits of being FOX members are many including fresh air, exercise, quality family time, and a chance to learn more about nature. In addition, a child’s positive interaction with the environment may lead to a life-long interest in enjoying and conserving nature.
Register Online, by Mail or in Person
Click here to register online or download the enrollment form below.
To register by mail or in person download an enrollment form.
Questions? Contact the FOX Club Coordinator at 815-479-5779, ext. 15.
Membership is FREE! Families receive:
- A backpack that includes a journal to keep track of your time and activities.
- Conservation site maps, informational brochures, a list of suggested activities and additional resources, and more.
- A bi-monthly newsletter with seasonal activities and ideas.
- Invitations to club gatherings six times per year to network with other like-minded outdoor families.
- Incentive prizes for attendance at events and gatherings.
Download the FOX Club Newsletter