McHenry County Conservation District is governed by a board of seven trustees appointed by the Chairman of the County Board and with the consent of the County Board. Trustees serve a five-year term without compensation.
The seven volunteer Trustees are selected after the submission of an application and a personal interview conducted by the Nature & Environmental Resources Committee of the County Board who recommend appointments to the McHenry County Board Chairman for review. Trustees are appointed based on technical qualifications and geographical location. After serving their term, trustees are not eligible for immediate reappointment (unless they were appointed to an unexpired term.) They must leave the board for at least one year before applying again.
To contact a member of the Board of Trustees, please direct correspondence to:
c/o McHenry County Conservation District
18410 US Highway 14
Woodstock, IL 60098
or to their direct emails below:
McHenry County Conservation District Board of Trustees
- Bona Heinsohn, President (Harvard), BHeinsohn at MCCDistrict.org
- Stephen Barrett, Vice President (Trout Valley), SBarrett at MCCDistrict.org
- Brandon Thomas, Treasurer (Huntley), BThomas at MCCDistrict.org
- David Kranz, Secretary (Woodstock), DKranz at MCCDistrict.org
- Peter Merkel, Trustee (McHenry), PMerkel at MCCDistrict.org
- Vern Scacci, Trustee (Woodstock), VScacci at MCCDistrict.org
- David Brandt, Trustee (Wonder Lake), DBrandt at MCCDistrict.org
- Elizabeth S. Kessler, MBA, CPRE, Executive Director, EKessler at MCCDistrict.org