Purchase Trail of History Patches and Medallions
We apologize for the delay in mailing the 2013 medallion orders. There were manufacturing issues and we have yet to receive the order. We'll keep you posted!
We also have limited quantities of some of the past year's patches and medallions. Call the Prairieview Education Center for availability or email email@example.com.
Prices are $2.00 for patches and $4.00 for medallions.
Prairieview Education Center
2112 Behan Road
Crystal Lake IL 60014
Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Saturday 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Sunday 12:00 - 4:00 p.m.
The Board of Trustees announced their decision to host the 25th Year of the Trail of History
this October as the final year of the long running event.
The thought was that by hosting the Trail of History with notification that it is the final year, anyone who ever thought about, or wanted to come out and experience the event as a member of the public or as a valued volunteer will have the opportunity to do so.
• View a re-enactment of military tactics during the French and Indian War.
• Children will enjoy learning in the frontier schoolhouse, making cornhusk dolls or candles and playing pioneer games. Parents, bring a camera to photograph your children at the dress-up area!
• Dr. Balthazar will awe visitors with his traveling medicine show.
• Visit vendors selling authentic wares and culinary treats.
• Musicians, dancers, and much more!
The first event occurred in 1989 and was named the Kames Rendezvous. In 1990, the event was renamed Trail of History to reflect the increased focus toward living history interpretation. Today there are over 150 encampments. The Trail of History encampment is nestled at the foot of the glacial kames in the rolling terrain of Glacial Park. It occurs annually the third weekend in October just as the prairie grasses and trees display their vibrant colors.
The McHenry County Conservation District presents the Trail of History with the assistance of numerous volunteers and other areas and re-enactors from across the country.