The Century Hikers Club is an incentive program for adults (ages 14 and up) looking to get outdoors and enjoy the natural areas of McHenry County Conservation District.
1. Members receive a hiking log in which to record miles hiked in Conservation District areas, and earn rewards as they reach hiking milestones.
2. The club provides incentive for members to exercise and spend time outdoors, both of which are important aspects of physical and mental health and well-being.
3. Members can participate in staff-guided programs exclusively for the Century Hikers Club. Programs are offered 4 times per year and members should R.S.V.P.
4. Interested in hiking with a group? "The Trail Pack" is a group of Century Hikers Club members interested in hiking with other people. The club coordinator maintains "The Trail Pack" list and makes it available only to those that requested to be on the list. Members contact each other to choose the dates and sites at which they meet up to hike.
5. Members receive a quarterly newsletter of news and upcoming events.
Become a Member
Enrollment is easy! Once we process your enrollment you'll receive your first log book and our trail maps to get you started.
Sign Up By Mail or in Person (cash or checks only):
Download and complete the Century Hikers Club Membership Enrollment Form and return it with $10.00 cash or check payable to MCCD to:
Century Hikers Club Coordinator
Prairieview Education Center
2112 Behan Road
Crystal Lake, IL 60014
Sign Up Online (credit cards only):
Click here to sign into your existing account or if you need to create a new one. Once you are logged into your account select "Memberships" from the top series of links and then select "Adult Century Hiker Membership" from the left side of the screen.
Milestones and Rewards
Track your miles hiked
at Conservation District areas and receive the rewards listed below!
Contact the club coordinator to redeem your rewards.
T-shirt and choice of one pocket field guide
Nature journal and Century Hikers Club patch
Choice of bird call CD or frog call CD plus a Century Hikers Club pin
Your name imprinted on our Century Hikers Club plaque at Prairieview Education Center
Your photo in our Landscapes newsletter and your name imprinted on our Century Hikers Club plaque at Prairieview Education Center
Questions? Contact the Club Coordinator at (815) 479-5779 or education@MCCDistrict.org